Peer Reviewed Articles
- Ellis, J. M., Powell, C. S., Demetriou, C., Huerta-Bapat, C., & Panter, A. T. (2018). Examining first-generation college student lived experiences with microaggressions and microaffirmations at a predominately white research university. Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology. [article]
- Meece, J. L., Morton, T., Ramirez, N., Demetriou, C., & Panter, A. T. (in press). Perceived barriers, anxieties, and fears in prospective college students from rural high schools. The High School Journal.
- Midkiff, B., Langer, M., Demetriou, C., & Panter, A. T. (2017). Measuring grit among first generation college students: A psychometric analysis. In L. A. van der Ark, M. Wiberg, S. A. Culpepper, J. A. Douglas, & W. C. Wang (Eds.), Quantitative Psychology – The 81st Annual Meeting of the Psychometric Society, Asheville, North Carolina, 2016. New York: Springer Verlag.
- Powell, C., Demetriou, C., Morton, T. R., & Panter, A. T. (2016). Critical Race Theory as a framework for understanding and promoting minoritized student retention at Predominantly White Institutions. In S. Whalen (Ed.), Proceedings of the 12th National Symposium on Student Retention, 2016, Norfolk (pp. 114-129). Norman, OK: The University of Oklahoma.
- Demetriou, C., Meece, J., Eaker-Rich, D., & Powell, C. (2017). The activities, roles, and relationships of successful first-generation college students. The Journal of College Student Development, 58, 19-36.
- Demetriou, C., Powell, C., & Panter, A. T. (2015). The Finish Line Project: A U.S. Department of Education First In The World grant. In S. Whalen (Ed.), Proceedings of the 11th National Symposium on Student Retention, 2015, Orlando. (pp. 472-481). Norman, OK: The University of Oklahoma.
Publications for Students: Guides for Progressing through the Major