We are glad that you are considering UNC-Chapel Hill as your next institution! UNC-Chapel Hill is a great place to continue your education. Students transfer to UNC-Chapel Hill for the opportunity to reach personal, academic, and career goals. Whether students have attended a community college or university, provided military service to our country, or took time off to raise a family, we appreciate the diverse perspectives and knowledge transfer students contribute to the intellectual life of the University. Here, we hope you will find information that is helpful to you in considering and applying to Carolina.
Interested in taking a tour of campus? Undergraduate Admissions regularly holds tours and information sessions for students that cover the following information:
- Information sessions with an Admissions staff member highlight Carolina’s academics and community, admission, and financial aid
- Our 75-90 minute walking tours of campus led by a current student include stops by academic buildings, the student union, and campus dining center
Ready to sign up? Schedule your visit here.
Additional Information about Admissions and the Transition to UNC:
- Do we have the majors you’re interested in? In evaluating whether UNC would be a good fit for you, be sure that you look over the majors and minors we offer.
- Coming to UNC from a NC Community College? Find out more about how your coursework will transfer as well as recommended pathways for some of our most common majors. Considering a STEM Major? Review the Quick Guides here:
- Want to find out more about the Admissions process? Check out our Undergraduate Admissions website which provides information about our programs, admissions requirements, deadline, and transferring coursework from your previous institution. If you are considering one of the Professional Schools, please note that the admissions process might be different.
- If you’re hoping to learn more about what it will be like to transfer into UNC-Chapel Hill and some of the resources available for you, see our opportunities for Transfer Students!
Webinars from Academic Advising:
- For those considering a science major: Biology Major and Faculty Expectations (March 2015). It covers more than just Biology, and can help you in thinking about the options for the sciences at UNC. Note that this session was geared towards those attending North Carolina Community Colleges.
- For those planning to major in Business by applying to the Kenan-Flagler School of Business: Pre-Business Transfer Webinar (May 2015). Watch this webinar to identify the requirements and pre-requisites for applying to the School, as well as to identify possible back-ups to this program.