- Cumulative GPA above 1.9 and/or ability to restore to Good Standing within one term.
- Demonstrated academic improvement.
- Completion of previous academic intervention(s)
- Engagement with resources and support
- Specific and realistic Plan of Action.
- Demonstrated resolution of challenges that led to current academic standing.
- Use of time away from the University, if appropriate.
For more information, see the full Appeal for Probation Evaluation Guide.
If you left the University in Good Standing, you will still be considered in Good Standing; however, the new Academic Eligiblity Policy will apply to you as you move forward. If you left the University as Academically Ineligible, you will need to appeal for Probation in order to re-enroll.
Consider the following terms as you seek to understand your situation:
|Previous Policy||Fall 2016 Policy|
|Probation & Automatic Probation||Warning|
|Continued Probation||Probation (by appeal only)|
|Probation (when returning from Ineligibility)||Probation (by appeal only)|
|Ineligible-Pending||No longer exists.|
Suspended students have limited access to the following University resources:
- Office of Undergraduate Retention
919-843-6443 • studentsuccess.unc.edu
- The Academic Advising Program
919-966-5116 • advising.unc.edu
- The Office of the Dean of Students
919-966-4042 • deanofstudents.unc.edu
- The Office of Undergraduate Admissions
919-966-3621 • admissions.unc.edu