Students who successfully appeal their “Suspension – Not Eligible to Enroll” status are granted one term of Probation. Probation is a one term opportunity to return to Good Standing. During the term on Probation, students must complete a 5-step academic intervention and work closely with Undergraduate Retention as well as other resources on campus. Students must review their academic status at the end of every term. The official academic status in ConnectCarolina for students on Probation is “Probation – Eligible to Enroll.” Academic status is found under the “Academics” tab in “Student Center.” Students will have a status of “Probation – Eligible to Enroll” if they have been approved for Probation by appeal.
The first thing a student on Probation should do is make a commitment to return to good academic standing. If you are on Probation during a fall or spring semester, you must complete the following intervention. Please Note: Students on Probation during Maymester, Summer I and/or II 2017 will receive instructions on the intervention via email when they are approved for Probation.
- Complete the Self-Assessment.
- Schedule an appointment with Academic Advising.
- Schedule & Attend an Academic Success Consultation with Undergraduate Retention. We encourage you to schedule this appointment as soon as possible to make the most of the strategies and resources available.
- a. Bring a printed copy of the Self-Assessment to your Consultation.
- b. Confirm Advising Appointment – bring email confirmation of scheduled appointment with you to the Consultation.
- c. Complete the Academic Success Plan.
- Complete the required Modules in Sakai & Academic Success Plan items.
- Note: Completion of recommended Modules and utilization of resources will be considered if appeal for Probation is necessary.
- Attend your appointment with an Academic Advisor.
All students on Probation are expected to meet with an Academic Advisor at least one time during the semester to discuss their progress towards returning to good standing.
- a. You must make an appointment using the online appointment scheduler.
- b. Walk-in appointments cannot be used to fulfill the requirement.
- Attend a follow-up Academic Success Consultation with Undergraduate Retention.
All students on Probation are expected to meet with an Eligibility Team Member at least 2 times during the term to discuss their progress towards returning to Good Standing.
*If you are ever unable to attend a scheduled meeting, it is a common courtesy to provide advanced notice so that other students may benefit from this availability.
In addition to these steps, it is highly recommended that you sign up for the Road to Resilience program.
When should I complete the intervention?
The intervention is designed to support you in your academic success while on Probation. The sooner you take action and utilize the available resources, the more you will benefit. We encourage to complete the Self-Assessment within the first few weeks of classes. A hold will be placed on your account during the third week of classes which will prevent you from registering for future terms. This hold will be removed once you have completed your second Academic Success Consultation.